DO YOU WANT TO CREATE A WORLD WHERE SELF RELIANCE IS POSSIBLE?
At Feed the World our mission is to empower families. We teach them how to implement our unique small-scale agriculture model to provide customized nutrition, which supports and sustains healthy life. Feed the World has a simple goal – to teach families, communities, and villages how to provide for their own needs. Our model eliminates dependence by helping families reach the goal of true self-reliance that is sustainable.
Our programs are Internationally successful using the following principles:
- Vegetable Gardens – Families are taught to grow enough food to provide daily sustenance, vitamins, and minerals to each of the family members so they will have strong bodies and healthy immune systems. Our sequential gardening method uses less water and space, and provides year-round abundance for the table.
- Small Livestock – We teach families how to raise small animals common to their culture, such as chickens, goats, rabbits, and guinea pigs, to provide cheese, meat, eggs, and milk for their families.
- Field Crops – Families learn and implement sustainable farming techniques to provide income and fodder for small livestock. With seed loans, they move from planting mono-crops to planting multiple crops that are rotated to enhance production and soil quality.
- Income from surplus – Once families have met their own nutritional needs, harvested seeds for future use, learned to successfully raise animals, and paid forward their loans of seeds and livestock, they are encouraged to sell their surplus products in the local market for additional income. By the time families finish our program, they are healthier and wealthier than they ever dreamed possible.
- Nutrition and Hygiene – We make a huge impact on each family by teaching the reason behind eating well and taking care of their bodies. Simple acts like teaching children to brush their teeth, or helping parents understand the importance of washing their hands provide a sustainable impact on families and communities, because the participants understand the why behind what they are taught to do.
Established in 2009, Feed the World is a 501 (C)(3) nonprofit organization based in Seattle, Washington. We work strategically alongside Governments, Universities, and other International nonprofit organizations. We provide hands-on mentoring with agricultural education. Currently, Feed the World is implementing its Small Scale Agriculture Model with our partners in Ecuador, Peru, Malawi and Kenya. Everyday more families achieve the dream of self reliance. Do you want to be the change our World needs? Join Feed The World. Create a World that you want to live in, that all lives thrive in.