Terms and Conditions
Deposits must be accompanied by a completed application form. Your application is not considered complete until we receive both the application and a $500 deposit. All travelers, including adults and chaperones, are required to submit an application in order to be added to the trip. For airline purposes, please be sure to use your full legal name, as it appears on your passport, driver’s license or school ID.
The non-refundable deposit is due by the date listed by your group leader. Trip price and dates are not confirmed until we receive your deposits and applications. They are subject to change due to airline availability, unforeseen tax or fuel surcharge increases, as well as changes in group size and group-elected itinerary changes.
Deposits received more than 30 days after your deposit due date will automatically incur a $50 late registration Fee as well as any additional charges, such as additional airfare, activity costs, etc.
PAYMENTS AND FEES
Payments must be received on or before the payment due date, or they will be subject to the late payment fee outlined below. We accept checks, money orders and credit cards for payment.
Pay by Check or Money Order:
Be sure to include the Feed The World payment coupons, or a note with the school name/number, destination and traveler’s name with each payment. Mail your payment with your payment coupons to our corporate office:
718 Griffin Ave. #26
Enumclaw, WA 98022
Pay by Credit Card:
Go to www.FeedTheWorld.org and click on the Make a Payment button and follow the instructions. We accept VISA®, MasterCard®, American Express® and Discover®.
If you encounter difficulties submitting your payment online, please call our office at 1-813-388-8734 and we can assist you with your payment.
Late payment fees: There will be a late fee of $50 automatically added to each late payment ($20 for trips priced less than $500). To allow us to provide quality service, this will be strictly enforced. Late fees will be applied to payments that are not received by the scheduled payment due dates. Feed The World will not be responsible for lost payments. All fees will be the financial responsibility of the traveler.
NSF/Returned check fees: There will be a returned check fee of $35.00 fee for each returned check and late fees will apply to payments that are late due to returned checks.
Late Registration fees: There will be a late registration fee of $50.00 for all travelers that submit their application and deposit more than 30 days after the deposit due date. The late registration fee is in addition to any airline fees, additional airfare or activity costs.
PLEASE NOTE: Final payments are due in full 60 days prior to departure. If final payment is not received by the final payment due date, we reserve cancelled due to non-payment, the standard cancellation policy will apply.
Refunds will only be issued upon written request. Refunds will be issued by Feed The World after all accounts for all travelers are paid in full. Please allow two to three weeks after all accounts have been paid in full for refunds to be issued to the organization.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing and received by Feed The World by the dates listed below. Verbal cancellations are not accepted. Cancellations may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds for cancellations will be issued according to the following schedule:
|If cancellation notice received is:||Cancellation fees equal:|
|> 120 days prior to departure||Full deposit|
|91-120 days prior to departure||Full deposit + 30% of the trip price|
|46-90 days prior to departure||Full deposit + 50% of the trip price|
|0-45 days prior to departure||100% of the trip price (No refund or airline credit will be issued.)|
- Deposits, insurance premiums, and fees are non-refundable (including late payment fees, late registration fees, fees for returned checks, and name change fees).
- Deposits are transferrable to a new, replacement traveler. Additional costs such as name change fees may apply.
- If a traveler cancels after the group has been ticketed, even if it is more than 120 days before departure, the cost of the airline ticket is nonrefundable and the airline ticket cannot be used for later travel by the individual.
- In the event a trip is cancelled by group leaders or administration, Feed The World’ standard cancellation policy will apply.
- Any participant expelled or disciplined by the school is subject to Feed The World’ standard cancellation policy.
- If a participant is unable to obtain the required travel documents, Feed The World’ standard cancellation policy will apply.
- Refunds for all cancellations will be processed according to the refund policy outlined above (see REFUNDS).
- Reminder: If your trip price does not include trip cancellation insurance, we strongly encourage you to consider purchasing it. (Feed The World can provide you with information from third-party providers.) Cancellations for medical reasons, work reasons, etc., will be subject to the cancellation policy outlined above. Please refer to the INSURANCE section for more information on trip cancellation insurance.
PASSPORTS AND VISA
- Each traveler is responsible for obtaining the required travel documents. For international travel, this includes obtaining a valid passport and any applicable visas for his or her trip, prior to departure. This is solely the responsibility of the traveler. Please allow at least 3-4 months to obtain a passport under normal conditions.
- If a participant is unable to obtain the required travel documents Feed The World’s standard cancellation policy will apply.
- If you already have a passport, please note, we do require that your passport must be valid for at least six months after your return date.
- Non-U.S. citizens must first contact the embassy or consulate of the destination countries for rules and procedures to obtain the required visas for international travel. Once they’ve contacted the destination embassy or consulate, they must then contact their own embassy to fulfill the requirements of travel. Visit the U.S. Department of State website at travel.state.gov for information. It is strictly the responsibility of the traveler to obtain the proper passport and travel documents.
- Minor participants traveling internationally require a “Permission Form for Minor Travelers” which must signed and notarized by each parent and/or guardian less than 30 days prior to departure.
- Please note that in the very unlikely event of losing a passport while traveling, the traveler will be responsible for all costs associated with obtaining a new one.
Feed The World carries limited group insurance for participants as supplemental group insurance to each participant’s individual insurance, which is the primary insurance in the event of any claim. FTW coverage does not take the place of personal insurance. FTW does not provide travel insurance for participants. In the event of a claim, you are responsible to process your claim directly with your insurance company.
Feed The World uses various national and international airlines. Feed The World will not be responsible for scheduling changes, overbooking, missed connecting flights, long layovers, or any expenses related to such delays. Group travel requires flexibility, and due to airline policies groups may be asked to split, change travel dates, or depart from alternate cities. Please note that in the very unlikely event of losing an airline ticket while traveling, the traveler will be responsible for all costs associated with getting a new one.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Your total trip price does not include the new airline checked baggage fees imposed by selected airlines for Domestic and International destinations.
- To provide the most affordable prices, our standard pricing is based on 4 students per room, and include two double rooms for school/group chaperones. It is Feed The Worlds policy that no adult may share a bed with a student unless the adult is the child’s parent and the same gender.
- If requested, adults may be assigned to private rooms for an extra fee and subject to availability. Hotel prices vary and the exact cost will be indicated on your school/group online account. These fees will be charged for any additional rooms.
- If your group policy differs from Feed The World policy, the group will be responsible for any additional room charges.
- Safety is #1 at Feed The World. Our guides are professionals who have been thoroughly trained and possess specialization appropriate for their particular expeditions. They have extensive knowledge of the culture and terrain, and they can provide language assistance.
- We require our guides to be certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Emergency medical insurance is provided for international trips at no additional cost.
- Most of our hotels provide night security guards.
- We provide each student with a complimentary t-shirt in order to help identify your students when traveling through the airport. We ask that everyone in the group wear these shirts on the departure date.
- Your trip begins with the takeoff of your flight from the departure airport. Your trip concludes with the completion of your return flight.
- For the safety of all participants, Feed The World has strict guidelines on communication of itinerary details. All participants will receive information regarding the trip itinerary, flight schedule, behavior guidelines, and all other trip-related information from their organization’s group leader. Parent billing travelers will also be able to download this information from the document library on our website (this can only be accessed when you are logged into your account on the Feed The World website). Each participant and guardian assumes all risks involved with participating on the trip.
- Feed The World, its employees, affiliates, participant schools, officers or directors cannot be responsible for any injury, loss, damage, accident, delay, or expense resulting from any event beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, terrorism, strikes, violence, sickness, government restrictions and regulations, or any problems caused by the airlines, bus companies, trains, ships, hotels, and any other companies or individuals providing services to our groups.
- Pricing for all trips is based upon the number of travelers within the group. While we strive to maintain the lowest cost for our travelers, sometimes it is necessary to increase the price of the trip if the minimum number of travelers has not been met.
- Pricing is subject to change due to airline availability, unforeseen tax or fuel surcharge increases, as well as changes in group size and group elected itinerary changes.